Brainstorming
Possible Concepts
- Rage Bot
- Player is a robot that takes revenge on the human civilization.
- Multiplayer map with emphasis on quad damage
- Single player map where player vs. hoards of enemy's (player has quad damage)
- Prison Escape
- Player is a prisoner in the a Gulag prison camp in Soviet Russia.
- You are one of the last bot security guards still sane in a robot detention center, after a pro robot terrorist group EMP bombed the facility effectively making all other bot hostile CAN YOU ESCAPE!?
- Revenge of the Machines
- You are Don Bronner! The anti-TERMINATOR. Part human, part machine, part "Kick ass n' chew bubble-gum!"
- Your a bad ass cyborg vs. civilian and government forces. You break out of a top secret military research facility vowing revenge on anything that moves!
Let me know what you think, and how I can narrow these concepts down.
ReplyDelete- Rage Bot: Your bullet points don't really catch my attention at all; nothing there sounds immensely original. Robot that takes revenge on civilization does have the same crazy fun that, say, Rampage did, but I don't know how much of that would showcase level design, nor would it be impressive or unique enough to stand out.
ReplyDelete- Prison Escape: Both of these are compelling. I think I like the second one better, simply because you create a situation where you're in the middle of chaos and maybe you're not trying to kill everything in front of you. you have to find creative ways around things, which can really showcase clever level design, and isn't just the same old kill-the-enemies gameplay. I'd like to hear more about your thoughts in that regard.
-It also gives the opportunity down the road for compelling co-op
and L4D-style multiplayer with hostile bot and guard teams.
- Revenge of the Machines: These both seem like the "other half" to the rage bot pitch. That said, the bad-ass cyborg thats broken out of a facility is interesting, in that it's usually the other way around (protagonist trying to stop a rampaging robot, not a robot just a-rampagin') I'd be interested to hear more about what you'd do with scale / layout here to create interesting gameplay given that you're substantially more powerful than the humans, as well as (possibly) bigger.
That being said.. I'm leaning towards the second one myself.
ReplyDeleteI have another class almost identical to this one and I should have done more research in pitching my idea.
I will work on some rough concept sketches to give you a better representation of what the scenario looks like, in hopes this will clarify the "Prison escape" concept.
Thanks for the input Max!