I propose a maximum security prison for synthetic humans. You are a prison guard caught up in the chaos of a prison break. A pro-synthetic rights group has EMP bombed the facility, causing all the inmates to go haywire! At the time of the terrorist attack you were checking on the inmates in D-Block where only the most hostile synthetics are being contained in stasis.
As far as protocol goes, standing orders are to contain the outbreak by any means necessary! Every block has containment blast doors that can be manually closed to contain the individual sections. After all blocks have been secure surviving employees must make their way to the alpha extraction point for processing and extraction.
Section Breakdown
D-Block (Maximum Security/Isolation and Stasis)
C-Block (Convict Reprogramming)
B-Block (General Incarceration Population)
A-Block (Convict Screening and Processing)
Courtyard (Convict Recreation)
Kill Zones (Any area marked outside general quarters, KOS)
The basic premise continues to sound cool. Lots of fun possibilities for gameplay, and it builds a sense of urgency and purpose right in, which is good.
ReplyDeleteFrom a gameplay standpoint, why start the player in D-Block? The implication is that D is where the hardest baddies are going to be, so I'd think you'd want to build to that as someplace that's sort of looming and you you know at some point you're going to have to go in and lock it down. I'd like to hear thoughts on this.
Also, I like the zones. I'd like to see some sort of med bay for synthetics though. Maybe "reprogramming" is it? Just a place with parts strewn about already and angry Med-Bots sounds like it'd fit in this equation :)
You call out kill-zones; does that imply that you're discouraged from killing the inmates everywhere else? Or that those are areas that they'll fie on anyone who crosses over, even you?
Very eager to see what you come up with next. We said we were going to meet once a week, but we've had a decent dialogue going this way. Would you still like to schedule some time to chat in person, or is this the level of feedback you're expecting?
So far the feedback has been QUALITY! Gives me a lot to work with!
ReplyDeleteAs far as the player start location, perhaps the player should start in the "A" Block, as its generally the least hostile environment? Could give me a good location to ease the player into the environment.
As far as the "Med-Bay" / "reprogramming center"
your idea is exactly what I envisioned.
The Kill Zones are the areas like in any interment camp where you enter and guards/turrets KOS.
All in all, I think this is some great feedback and like I mentioned before I'm still in the process of breaking down the individual sections (sketch wise)
I'll have those up as soon as I fix my scanner at home. (still trouble shooting it)